Government agencies like Delaware’s International Trade and Development Department, non-profit organizations such as Delaware’s World Trade Center, and global service companies like the Corporation Service Company headquartered in Wilmington continue to help launch transnational commerce initiatives throughout the world. As Delaware strengthens its presence in the global marketplace, the international relations professionals that lay the groundwork for strong trade relations and the business professionals that make international commerce possible are earning top dollar in their respective fields.
In fact, the United States Department of Labor released reports indicating that several professions dedicated to international business efforts throughout Delaware were paid top salaries within their occupational group.
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online. Choose from 5 concentrations: International Security, National Security, International Development, Cyber Diplomacy, Regions of the World. NO GRE/ GMAT required.
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in Diplomacy - Online. Build stronger negotiation, critical thinking and conflict management skills. Choose from 4 concentrations: international commerce, international terrorism, international conflict management and cyber diplomacy.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Business Administration and Master in Public Administration: Government and Policy
- Southern New Hampshire University - B.S. in Business Administration - International Business and M.B.A. in International Business
- American University - The online master's programs from American University's School of International Service allow professionals to build international and business expertise in 12–24 months. GRE/GMAT scores not required.
- Liberty University - Online Master of Science in International Relations
- Tufts University - Fletcher's online Master of Global Business Administration from Tufts University prepares students to apply advanced business strategy in a global context. Complete in as few as 16 months. No GRE/GMAT required.
- American University - Designed by both Kogod and the top-ranked School of International Service, the MS in International Relations and Business at American University will help you develop a global business mindset in as few as 18 months.No GRE/GMAT required.
For example, as of 2014:
- Delaware was the top paying state for industrial production managers in the country
- Delaware was the third highest paying state for compliance officers, and transportation and distribution managers in the country
- Delaware was the forth highest paying state for market research analysts and marketing specialists in the country
That same year, the metropolitan area of Wilmington was specifically named as a premier location for international business and relations professionals to earn some of the highest salaries in the nation. For instance, Wilmington was named:
- The seventh highest paying metropolitan area for industrial production managers in the country
- Among the top ten highest paying metropolitan areas for transportation and distribution managers in the country
- The sixth highest paying metropolitan area for compliance officers in the country
International Business Salaries in Delaware
In 2013, the Business Roundtable reported that Delaware exported $8.5 billion worth of goods and services to foreign markets. Internationally exported goods alone accounted for 8.4% of the state’s GDP at that time. International business professionals with specialized knowledge of specific foreign markets such as the Netherlands, China, United Kingdom, Belgium, and Saudi Arabia may attract particularly high salary offers, as these countries are among the state’s top trade partners.
The United States Department of Labor published a short list of median salaries associated with jobs in some of Delaware’s biggest multinationals (2014):
- Industrial Production Managers: $109,500
- Purchasing Managers: $131,100
- Transportation Storage and Distribution Managers: $112,500
- Compliance Officers: $68,800
- Management Analysts: $76,100
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists: $72,100
The salary table featured below shows a full analysis of salaries for international business professionals in Delaware (US Department of Labor, 2014):
*The hourly wage is equal to or greater than $90 while the annual salary is equal to or greater than $187,199. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics does not report salary data greater than these values.
International Relations Salaries in Delaware
Many occupations tied to international relations in Delaware work behind the scenes to establish diplomatic, humanitarian, and foreign policy networks with other countries.
By doing so, international relations professionals help Delaware gain traction for future business dealings in foreign markets. By facilitating global trade, international relations professionals also bolster the state’s economy by creating and sustaining jobs. In fact, the US Department of Commerce found that international trade helped to support 123,312 jobs throughout Delaware in 2013.
In 2014, the United States Department of Labor conducted salary studies to determine the median salary for three major international relations occupations in Delaware. The results of these studies are as follows:
- Fundraisers: $55,600
- Economists: $67,400
- Urban and Regional Planners: $61,000
The salary table featured below shows a full analysis of salaries for international relations professionals in Delaware (US Department of Labor, 2014):