According to the Business Roundtable, as of 2013 Florida businesses involved in international trade and commerce exported an estimated $96.4 billion worth of goods and services to foreign markets while helping to support 2.4 million jobs in the state. Among these jobs were high-paying positions for the international relations specialists that pave the way for strong trade relations and the business professionals that keep the wheels of progress turning. Since 2004, these international trade-related jobs have grown more than three times faster than the total employment growth rate in the state.
The US Department of Labor found that Florida and its interstate divisions often led the nation in terms of salaries and employment opportunities for professionals in the fields of international business and international relations (2014):
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online. Choose from 5 concentrations: International Security, National Security, International Development, Cyber Diplomacy, Regions of the World. NO GRE/ GMAT required.
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in Diplomacy - Online. Build stronger negotiation, critical thinking and conflict management skills. Choose from 4 concentrations: international commerce, international terrorism, international conflict management and cyber diplomacy.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Business Administration and Master in Public Administration: Government and Policy
- Southern New Hampshire University - B.S. in Business Administration - International Business and M.B.A. in International Business
- American University - The online master's programs from American University's School of International Service allow professionals to build international and business expertise in 12–24 months. GRE/GMAT scores not required.
- Liberty University - Online Master of Science in International Relations
- Tufts University - Fletcher's online Master of Global Business Administration from Tufts University prepares students to apply advanced business strategy in a global context. Complete in as few as 16 months. No GRE/GMAT required.
- American University - Designed by both Kogod and the top-ranked School of International Service, the MS in International Relations and Business at American University will help you develop a global business mindset in as few as 18 months.No GRE/GMAT required.
- Tallahassee held the highest concentration of management analyst jobs among all other metropolitan areas in the country
- Florida held the fourth highest employment level of compliance officers in the country
- Tallahassee held the fifth highest concentration of compliance officer jobs among all other metropolitan areas in the country
- The Naples-Marco Island metropolitan division was the fourth highest paying metropolitan area for management analysts
- Florida held the third highest employment level of urban and regional planners in the country
- Florida held the fourth highest employment level of interpreters, and translators in the country
- The Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach-Deerfield Beach metropolitan division was ranked second highest paying metropolitan area for postsecondary foreign language and literature teachers
International Business Salaries in Florida
As of 2013, Florida-based companies conducted business in 225 different foreign markets. International business professionals with advanced knowledge of the commercial systems of Canada, Venezuela, Switzerland, Mexico, Columbia and Brazil may benefit from particularly high salaries, as these countries are among the state’s leading trade partners.
In 2014, the United States Department of Labor published median salary statistics for several professions involved in international business activities throughout Florida:
- Industrial Production Managers: $96,800
- Purchasing Managers: $110,700
- Transportation Storage and Distribution Managers: $88,800
- Compliance Officers: $57,300
- Logisticians: $65,400
- Management Analysts: $67,100
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists: $53,600
A full analysis of international business salaries in Florida in shown here (US Department of Labor, 2014):
International Relations Salaries in Florida
Florida’s economy, security, tourism industry and academic community all depend on international relations specialists to establish amicable ties with foreign countries through gestures of diplomacy and goodwill.
In 2014, the United States Department of Labor released the median salaries for professionals involved in international relations as representatives of Florida state government, universities, non-governmental organizations and industry:
- Fundraisers: $52,200
- Economists: $81,100
- Urban and Regional Planners: $66,100
- Political Science Teachers Postsecondary: $72,700
- Foreign Language and Literature Teachers Postsecondary: $68,500
- Area, Ethnic and Cultural Studies Teachers, Postsecondary: $68,800
- Interpreters and Translators: $35,200
A full analysis of international relations salaries in Florida in shown here (US Department of Labor, 2014):