Vermont’s exports to foreign markets were worth a total of $3.6 billion in 2014 alone, supporting some 15,000 jobs in the state according to the US Department of Commerce International Trade Administration. Among these were high-paying management and corporate leadership professionals working as logisticians, trade analysts, export compliance officers and even multinational executives.
In addition to international business professionals, Vermont’s internationally focused nonprofit community, state government agencies and universities offer high starting salaries to such international relations experts as NGO directors, intelligence analysts, and humanitarian aid program directors.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Business Administration and Master in Public Administration: Government and Policy
- SNHU - B.S. in Business Administration - International Business and M.B.A. in International Business
- The online master's programs from American University's School of International Service allow professionals to build international and business expertise in 12–24 months. GRE/GMAT scores not required.
- Fletcher's online Master of Global Business Administration from Tufts University prepares students to apply advanced business strategy in a global context. Complete in as few as 16 months. No GRE/GMAT required.
- Designed by both Kogod and the top-ranked School of International Service, the MS in International Relations and Business at American University will help you develop a global business mindset in as few as 18 months.No GRE/GMAT required.
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online. Choose from 5 concentrations: International Security, National Security, International Development, Cyber Diplomacy, Regions of the World. NO GRE/ GMAT required.
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in Diplomacy - Online. Build stronger negotiation, critical thinking and conflict management skills. Choose from 4 concentrations: international commerce, international terrorism, international conflict management and cyber diplomacy.
Twenty-one of Vermont’s nonprofits are focused on international relations and foreign affairs. Internationally focused nonprofit organizations in Vermont contribute significantly to the state’s economy, according to Common Good Vermont.
International Business Salaries in Vermont
Shown below are the median and 90th percentile salary values for a number of corporate management and specialist positions that frequently involve knowledge of international trade and commerce (US Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014):
A full analysis of salaries for international business professionals in Vermont is shown here (US Department of Labor, 2014):
International Relations Salaries in Vermont
Shown below are the median and 90th percentile salary values for professions that frequently involve international relations experience and expertise (US Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014):
A full analysis of salaries for international relations specialists in Vermont is shown here (US Department of Labor, 2014):