An international manufacturing business in Maine sends veterinary medical instruments and diagnostic equipment around the world. Another business oversees complacence to strict import rules ordered by the country accepting the medical shipment. Someone will oversee the documentation needed to comply with that country’s tariffs and tax rates and follow procedures for how that particular product needs to meet certain certifications.
When Maine businesses are involved in international trade, many processes and procedures take place just to make sure that transactions go smoothly and according to international law. This is all part of the international business process. Companies involved in international business need well-trained employees acting as multinational managers and executives, import/export compliance specialists, business consultants and other such positions — and often pay large salaries for the expertise they bring to the table.
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online. Choose from 5 concentrations: International Security, National Security, International Development, Cyber Diplomacy, Regions of the World. NO GRE/ GMAT required.
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in Diplomacy - Online. Build stronger negotiation, critical thinking and conflict management skills. Choose from 4 concentrations: international commerce, international terrorism, international conflict management and cyber diplomacy.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Business Administration and Master in Public Administration: Government and Policy
- Southern New Hampshire University - B.S. in Business Administration - International Business and M.B.A. in International Business
- American University - The online master's programs from American University's School of International Service allow professionals to build international and business expertise in 12–24 months. GRE/GMAT scores not required.
- Liberty University - Online Master of Science in International Relations
- Tufts University - Fletcher's online Master of Global Business Administration from Tufts University prepares students to apply advanced business strategy in a global context. Complete in as few as 16 months. No GRE/GMAT required.
- American University - Designed by both Kogod and the top-ranked School of International Service, the MS in International Relations and Business at American University will help you develop a global business mindset in as few as 18 months.No GRE/GMAT required.
Before any business takes place, however, relationships with foreign partners need to be fostered. International relations begin long before dollars are exchanged. It starts with the help of many government agencies and nonprofits who have laid a foundation of goodwill and foreign relations allowing business to thrive in international markets.
International Business Salary in Maine
International business has been steadily growing over the last several decades in Maine. On a year-over-year basis, Maine companies continue to make inroads into foreign markets including places such as Shanghai, China—something that would have been impossible several years ago.
These new markets are important to business in Maine. Since 2014 Maine was responsible for .2% of the country’s export business. Maine’s international presence is widely scattered across industries including medical, aerospace, biotechnology, and food markets. In 2014 Maine in-sourced over 32,500 jobs.
Among these jobs include vital international business positions that make it all happen. The careers below are a small sampling of possible positions available in international business. The salary ranges largely depend on experience, seniority, education, and other similar factors: (Salary source: US Department of Labor, 2014)
- Transportation Storage and Distribution Managers: $44,900 – $112,800
- Compliance Officers: $39,200 – $83,500
- Logisticians: $43,000 – $85,700
- Management Analysts: $38,600- $104,500
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists: $38,400 – $100,600
- Industrial Production Managers: $52,900 – $127,200
For more job and salary information in international careers in Maine see the chart below (US Department of Labor, 2014):
International Relations Salary in Maine
International relations include promoting respect between nations, facilitated by educational exchange programs through such agencies as the Council on International Educational Exchange. It is programs through organizations like these that help foster the kind of relationships that allow businesses to step in and build trade alliances in other countries.
Careers are available in many nonprofit and government organizations with a primary focus on mission-driven exchange programs and cultivating strong associations including organizational positions such as (US Department of Labor, 2014):
- Interpreters and Translators: $36,100 – $57,800
- Economists: $41,600 – $104,700
- Political Science Teachers Postsecondary: $37,900 – $135,000
- Foreign Language and Literature Teachers Postsecondary: $43,400 – $98,300
- Ethnic and Cultural Studies Teachers, Postsecondary –$42,700 – $113,400
- Fundraisers: $32,900 – $74,200
- Political Scientists: $46,200 – $122,400
The US Department of Labor provides a full analysis of salaries for Maine’s international relations professionals in the chart below (2014):