Nearly 3,500 companies in Utah exported $12.3 billion worth of merchandise to other countries in 2014 according to the US Department of Commerce International Trade Association. This volume of exports directly supported 50,578 jobs. Many of these positions are high paying corporate ones such as international trade and customs managers, trade analysts, and business development directors among other international business positions.
Given Utah’s prominence in international outreach, NGO directors, humanitarian aid program directors, and foreign outreach workers hold highly influential positions in the state and are well compensated for their experience and knowledge of international relations.
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online. Choose from 5 concentrations: International Security, National Security, International Development, Cyber Diplomacy, Regions of the World. NO GRE/ GMAT required.
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in Diplomacy - Online. Build stronger negotiation, critical thinking and conflict management skills. Choose from 4 concentrations: international commerce, international terrorism, international conflict management and cyber diplomacy.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Business Administration and Master in Public Administration: Government and Policy
- Southern New Hampshire University - B.S. in Business Administration - International Business and M.B.A. in International Business
- American University - The online master's programs from American University's School of International Service allow professionals to build international and business expertise in 12–24 months. GRE/GMAT scores not required.
- Liberty University - Online Master of Science in International Relations
- Tufts University - Fletcher's online Master of Global Business Administration from Tufts University prepares students to apply advanced business strategy in a global context. Complete in as few as 16 months. No GRE/GMAT required.
- American University - Designed by both Kogod and the top-ranked School of International Service, the MS in International Relations and Business at American University will help you develop a global business mindset in as few as 18 months.No GRE/GMAT required.
International Business Professional Salaries in Utah
Shown below are the median and 90th percentile salary values for a number of types of corporate management and specialist positions that frequently involve knowledge of international trade and commerce (US Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014):
Shown here is a full analysis of salary data for international business professionals in Utah (US Department of Labor, 2014):
International Relations Professional Salaries in Utah
Given Utah’s prominence in international relief work, the state has an unusually large number of nonprofits that focus on international and foreign affairs. Seventy-six such organizations were registered as 501(c)3 public charities in 2012. Additional sources of employment for experts in international relation include the state and federal government.
Nonprofits make a significant contribution to Utah’s economy and are major employers in the state. According to a 2015 economic report to the Governor by the Utah Economic Council, 8,281 tax-exempt nonprofits were registered in Utah in 2014. Charitable organizations employed more than 5.5% of the state’s workforce.
Charity Navigator provides the median compensation for the CEOs of nonprofits in 2012 in the mountain west region of the country that includes Utah:
- Small sized charities – $87,120
- Medium sized charities – $119,104
- Large sized charities – $174,209
Shown below are the median and 90th percentile salary values for professions that frequently involve international relations experience and expertise (US Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2014):
Shown here is a full analysis of salary data for international relations specialists in Utah (US Department of Labor, 2014):