In a 2014 article published by Global Trade Magazine, Cheyenne, Wyoming was named as one of “America’s Best Cities for Global Trade.” LEADS, a non-profit economic development organization based in Chyenne, provides site selection and consulting services for non-retail business relocating to Cheyenne, including those from foreign countries. It is Wyoming’s progressive business development organizations, like LEADS, that continue to help create great paying jobs for international business professionals and international relations specialists in the state.
In that same year, Wyoming was also recognized for paying international business professionals that work as industrial production managers some of the highest salaries in the country. For example:
- Wyoming was the third highest paying state for industrial production managers
- The nonmetropolitan regions of Southwestern, Southeastern, and Northeastern Wyoming were all among the top five highest paying nonmetropolitan areas for industrial production managers
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in International Relations Program - Online. Choose from 5 concentrations: International Security, National Security, International Development, Cyber Diplomacy, Regions of the World. NO GRE/ GMAT required.
- Norwich University Online - Master of Arts in Diplomacy - Online. Build stronger negotiation, critical thinking and conflict management skills. Choose from 4 concentrations: international commerce, international terrorism, international conflict management and cyber diplomacy.
- Grand Canyon University - B.S. in Business Administration and Master in Public Administration: Government and Policy
- Southern New Hampshire University - B.S. in Business Administration - International Business and M.B.A. in International Business
- American University - The online master's programs from American University's School of International Service allow professionals to build international and business expertise in 12–24 months. GRE/GMAT scores not required.
- Liberty University - Online Master of Science in International Relations
- Tufts University - Fletcher's online Master of Global Business Administration from Tufts University prepares students to apply advanced business strategy in a global context. Complete in as few as 16 months. No GRE/GMAT required.
- American University - Designed by both Kogod and the top-ranked School of International Service, the MS in International Relations and Business at American University will help you develop a global business mindset in as few as 18 months.No GRE/GMAT required.
The Business Roundtable has reported that from 2004 to 2013, jobs connected to international trade in Wyoming rose 16% faster than the total employment growth rate.
As a result, by 2013, there were 68,436 trade-related jobs in the Equality State. Jobseekers may find greater employment opportunities in small- and medium-sized globally involved companies that employ less than 500 workers, as these companies accounted for 74% of Wyoming’s exporting prowess in 2013.
International Business Salaries in Wyoming
According to the Business Roundtable, in 2013, international business professionals helped Wyoming to profitably trade with to 156 foreign markets. At that time, Wyoming-based exported goods and services generated $1.97 billion in state revenue. International business jobseekers may consider looking for work at exporting plants in Wyoming, as they pay approximately 18% more than comparable positions at non-exporting plants.
In 2014, the United States Department of Labor provided median salaries for occupations that engage in international business in Wyoming. During that year, both industrial production managers and purchasing managers earned median salaries of over $100,000:
- Industrial Production Managers: $112,900
- Purchasing Managers: $100,700
- Transportation Storage and Distribution Managers: $85,600
- Compliance Officers: $59,800
- Logisticians: $71,700
- Management Analysts: $73,500
- Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists: $54,600
Shown here is a full analysis of salary data for international business professionals in Wyoming (US Department of Labor, 2014):
International Relations Salaries in Wyoming
International relations professionals work hard to establish positive, long lasting networks with foreign countries through activities that are diplomatic and altruistic in nature. By doing so, they help influence a more positive platform from which foreign trade pursuits can propagate more fluidly. In Wyoming, international relations workers help to secure $1.26 billion in exported goods and services to the state’s leading foreign markets located in Canada, Brazil, Japan, Chile, Indonesia, and Australia.
In 2014, the United States Department of Labor released the median salaries for some primary occupations that work to improve international relations in Wyoming. Among them, economists earned the highest median salary at over $70,000:
- Fundraisers: $53,000
- Economists: $70,200
- Urban and Regional Planners: $58,600
- Political Science Teachers, Postsecondary: $65,000
- Foreign Language and Literature Teachers Postsecondary: $53,900
- Interpreters and Translators: $39,900
Shown here is a full analysis of salary data for international relations specialists in Wyoming (US Department of Labor, 2014):